Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce Publishes Visitor Code of Conduct for COVID-19 Times
The reopening of businesses has requirements for both business owners, employees and customers. Safety precautions are in place to keep everyone safe. The Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce has published a Visitor Code of Conduct outlining best practices at their website for those visiting Bar Harbor
Before You Leave For Bar Harbor
- If you or anyone traveling with you, have any of the COVID-19 symptoms please reschedule your visit.
When You Arrive in Bar Harbor
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after your have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance (at least 6 feet) between yourself and other people
- Wear a cloth face mask in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain
- If you are not wearing a mask, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Throw used tissues in the trash