A Maine Middle School is Closed Friday After Staff Finds ‘Written Threat’ in Boys’ Bathroom
According to WABI TV 5, a Maine middle school is closed on Friday, June 3rd, after staff found an apparent threatening note written on the wall of a boys' restroom in the school.
WABI says that Maine Regional School Unit 22's, Samuel L. Wagner Middle School in Winterport, Maine, will be closed for the day due to the apparent threat.
There was a letter that was sent out to parents of area students letting them know that the threatening message had been found and that they would be closing the school as a precaution while the incident was investigated.
WABI reports that the other schools in Maine Regional School Unit 22 will remain open today, though there will be an increased police presence in the area due to the threat at Samuel L. Wagner Middle School.
At this time, it is still not exactly clear what the threatening message said specifically or what information was contained within the threat. However, Superintendent of Schools, Regan Nickels, did tell WABI TV 5 that they are currently in 'investigative mode' and the school works to trace the message back to the original creator.
Additionally, absences from any other schools in RSU 22 will be excused today given the circumstances.
The Hawk's Nest Lodge
Private Maine Island Rental