A New Year and Time to Register Your Dog
The start of a New Year and time to register your Christmas puppy or renew your dog’s licenses for 2020.
You have until January 31st and it only cost $6.00 for neutered and spayed dogs, and $11.00 for males and females that still have all their original equipment, if you know what I mean. After that, there's a $25.00 late fee imposed per dog. OUCH!
In the State of Maine, all dogs age 6 months and older must be licensed and it includes service and search/rescue dogs.
Got to your local town or city hall with your dog’s current rabies certificate and a few dollars for the fee. If your dog has been neutered or spayed, you should bring that info too. You may also be able to do it online at Maine.gov. It will cost you an extra dollar but I am cool with that.
So, this is not just a way to get more money out of you…Maine.gov says it goes to a good things like:
- Local Animal Control Officers and State Humane Agents
- Investigation of animal cruelty complaints and enforcement of animal welfare laws
- Compliance with rabies vaccination of dogs
- Care for sick and injured stray animals
- Return of lost dogs to their owners
So do the right thing…get that dog registered.