Kids are told not to play with fire. That message applies to adults as well.

The state fire marshal's office says 37-year-old Cory Mathis of Lisbon is being treated at Central Maine Medical Center after setting himself afire.

Officials say Mathis was intoxicated Tuesday evening when he began playing with lighter fluid, going so far as pour it on his hands and light it. Things went further downhill when he put the container in his pocket, where there fluid leaked onto his pants.

Friends said Mathis walked into the hallway and returned with his clothes on fire. Officials say he suffered second-degree burns to legs, and also had facial injuries. LISBON, Maine (AP)

More From Kool AM